Jessica M. Band
Jessica joined Ropes & Gray in 2013 as an associate in the life sciences and health care practice groups. Jessica provides regulatory advice to life sciences companies and health care organizations on a wide range of issues focusing on FDA and health care regulatory matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Jessica worked for Kaiser Permanente and the Advisory Board Company. In her role at Kaiser, Jessica created a performance management dashboard, led performance reviews with regional leadership, and formulated short and long-term strategy for the company’s Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) program. At the Advisory Board Company, Jessica counseled hospitals and health systems on technology adoption and quality monitoring.
- Performed regulatory diligence for numerous IPOs of early and late-stage pharmaceutical and biotech companies.
- Performed regulatory diligence in numerous corporate transactions involving pharmaceutical, medical device, and cosmetics companies.
- Advised pharmaceutical and biotech clients in connection with collaboration and license agreements.
- Reviewed and conducted compliance assessments of promotional materials for pharmaceutical companies.
- Drafted policies on advertising and promotion, medical affairs, and scientific exchange for pharmaceutical and device companies.
- Drafted trade complaints to FDA on behalf of pharmaceutical and medical device clients.
- Advised on orphan and pediatric exclusivity issues.
- Counseled providers and pharmaceutical/medical device companies on financial relationships among health care providers including Stark, Anti-kickback, False Claims, and sunshine laws.
Pro Bono. Maintains active pro bono practicing, including evaluating case files from the Innocence Project’s Intake Department to identify incarcerated persons who may qualify for Innocence Project representation; volunteering at the D.C. Bar’s Landlord Tenant Resource Center; staffing Medicare Part D clinics; and assisting non-profit corporation with various corporate matters.
- Co-author, “The Future of Value-Based Care After Repeal and Replace,” Law360 (October 4, 2017)
- Co-author, “Recent Changes in French Law Affecting Clinical Research and Trials,” Bloomberg BNA Medical Research Law & Policy Report (February 15, 2017)