Jessica M. Bergin
Jessica Bergin is an associate in the litigation department. Her practice focuses on securities, antitrust, stockholder, and complex business litigation. Jessica represents clients in securities litigation as well as investigations by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. She also represents clients in antitrust matters before the U.S. Department of Justice and U.S. Federal Trade Commission. Her clients include financial services, health care, insurance, life science, communication, technology, and public companies.
Jessica maintains an active pro bono practice representing tenants facing eviction in Boston Housing Court.
Before joining the firm, Jessica served as a law clerk for the Honorable Harvey Bartle III in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. During law school, she was an intern for the Honorable Beryl A. Howell in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia. She also served as an executive editor of the Harvard International Law Journal and represented tenants facing eviction in Boston Housing Court. Prior to law school, Jessica worked as a practice assistant in the Washington, D.C. office of another global law firm. As an undergraduate, Jessica interned for Congressman John Adler in the U.S. House of Representatives.
- Represents clients in class action litigation alleging violations of federal securities laws.
- Represents clients in derivative litigation alleging violations of state and federal law.
- Represents clients in investigations by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Represents clients in antitrust matters before the U.S. Department of Justice and U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
- Represents client in U.S. Department of Justice investigation into Anti-Kickback Statute and False Claims Act allegations.
- Successfully defended against securities class action claims alleging violations of federal securities laws regarding exchange traded fund risk disclosures.
- Successfully represented client in U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission investigation involving allegations of misleading public statements and accounting fraud, securing termination of the matter without action.
- Successfully secured letter closing U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission examination on behalf of a private equity client.
- Advised medical device company on litigation risk in connection with its acquisition by another public company.
- Represented tenants in a contract dispute with their landlord in a civil action filed in state court.
- Represented tenants in mediation at Boston Housing Court.
- Jessica M. Bergin, “A Primer on Pharmacy Benefit Managers,” ABA Antitrust Health Care Chronicle (May 2019)
- JD, Harvard Law School, 2015; Executive Editor, Harvard International Law Journal
- BA (Government), Cornell University, 2011
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2015
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, 2020
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts, 2018