Jessica M. Bergin
Jessica Bergin is an associate in the litigation department. Her practice focuses on securities, antitrust, shareholder, and complex business litigation. Jessica represents clients in securities litigation as well as investigations and enforcement actions before the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. She also represents clients in antitrust matters before the U.S. Department of Justice and U.S. Federal Trade Commission. Her clients include private equity funds as well as financial services, life science, health care, insurance, communication, technology, and public companies.
Jessica maintains an active pro bono practice representing tenants facing eviction in Boston Housing Court.
Before joining the firm, Jessica served as a law clerk for the Honorable Harvey Bartle III in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. During law school, she was an intern for the Honorable Beryl A. Howell in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia. She also served as an executive editor of the Harvard International Law Journal and represented tenants facing eviction in Boston Housing Court. Prior to law school, Jessica worked as a practice assistant in the Washington, D.C. office of a global law firm. As an undergraduate, Jessica interned for Congressman John Adler in the U.S. House of Representatives.
- Represents clients in antitrust matters before the U.S. Department of Justice and U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
- Represents investment fund in class action litigation alleging violations of federal securities laws.
- Represents clients in U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission investigations and enforcement actions.
- Represents client in U.S. Department of Justice investigation into criminal Anti-Kickback Statute allegations and False Claims Act liability.
- Successfully secured letter closing U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission examination on behalf of a private equity client.
- Represented tenants in a contract dispute with their landlord in a civil action filed in state court.
- Represented tenants in mediation at Boston Housing Court.
- Jessica M. Bergin, “A Primer on Pharmacy Benefit Managers,” ABA Antitrust Health Care Chronicle (May 2019)
- JD, Harvard Law School, 2015; Executive Editor, Harvard International Law Journal
- BA (Government), Cornell University, 2011