Kara Bischak joined Ropes & Gray in 2017 and is an associate in the corporate department. She represents clients in a broad range of matters including public equity offerings, mergers and acquisitions and other strategic transactions, and regularly advises clients on securities law compliance and general corporate governance.
Kara maintains an active pro bono practice, primarily working with clients starting small businesses.
- Represented the sole underwriter in Madrigal Pharmaceuticals, Inc.’s $130 million secondary block trade
- Acted as U.S. counsel for BRP Inc.’s CAD$305,850,000 million secondary block trade
- Represented Golden Gate Capital in its majority equity investment in Ensemble Health Partners, an industry-leading national revenue cycle management provider
- Represented Altamont Capital Partners in its majority equity investment into The Juice Plus Company, a direct seller of whole food-based nutritional products
- Represented Silver Lake Partners in its strategic growth investment in GoodRx, a leading source for prescription and healthcare savings
- Represented Golden Gate Capital in its majority equity investment in The Learning Experience, one of the largest and fastest-growing academies of early education for children six weeks to six years old
- Represented Golden Gate Capital and Express Oil in the combination of Express Oil and Mavis Discount Tire, creating one of the largest independent automotive service platforms in the U.S.
- Represented Canada Goose in its $248 million block trade
- Represented the underwriters in Seres Therapeutics, Inc.’s $56 million follow-on equity offering
- Represented Novavax, Inc. in its $30 million follow-on equity offering, as well as its at-the-market offerings
- Negotiated numerous confidentiality agreements on behalf of clients reviewing strategic transactions
- Cited, “Ropes Helps Novavax Ink $200M PIPE Deal To Fight COVID-19,” Law360 (June 15, 2020)
- JD, Harvard Law School, 2017
- BA (Political Science), summa cum laude, DePauw University, 2012; Phi Beta Kappa