Lauren Biggs is an associate practicing in the firm’s health care practice group. She regularly provides transactional, compliance and regulatory advice to a wide range of health care clients, including hospitals, managed care plans, pharmaceutical companies, and alternative and cutting-edge health care providers.
Lauren has extensive experience advising clients in various aspects of regulatory compliance, including reimbursement under federal health care programs and health care fraud and abuse laws, such as the Stark Law, the Anti-Kickback Statute and the False Claims Act. She also assists clients with the development and implementation of corporate integrity agreements (CIAs), compliance programs, various health care trainings, and policies and procedures. Lauren also regularly advises clients on data privacy, protection and security matters under HIPAA and state privacy and security laws.
- Represented hospitals, managed care plans, pharmaceutical companies, community-based providers, medical device companies, academic medical centers and other for-profit and tax-exempt organizations in corporate transactions, mergers and affiliations on corporate structuring, contracting, operational and regulatory considerations.
- Provided initial and ongoing support to various health care providers in the course of investigations conducted by state and federal regulatory authorities, including the New York State Attorney General, the United States Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York, and the Office of Inspector General for the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS-OIG).
- Counseled a health plan regarding its response to an investigation with the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services Office for Civil Rights (OCR) following a HIPAA security incident. Provided ongoing counseling to various health care organizations regarding privacy and security compliance matters.
- JD, New York University School of Law, 2015; notes editor, NYU Environmental Law Journal
- BA (Environmental Science), University of Florida, 2003
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2015