M. Concetta Burton
Connie Burton joined Ropes & Gray in 1999 and is an associate practicing in the Labor & Employment Department.
Connie’s practice focuses on advising clients on a wide variety of labor and employment issues, including wage and hour disputes, employment discrimination claims, wrongful discharge, contract, non-competition and trade secret litigation in state and federal courts, and in public hearings before administrative agencies such as the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination and the National Labor Relations Board. Connie also counsels clients on a broad range of labor and employment, including questions around unionization efforts, employee discipline and discharge and compliance issues under the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, and the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- JD, cum laude, Cornell Law School, 1999; General Editor, International Law Journal
- Master's Degree, Industrial and Labor Relations, Cornell University, 1996
- Undergraduate, cum laude, Amherst College, 1990
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2002
- Massachusetts, 2000
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers - Rising Stars (2009)