Marc N. Biamonte
Marc Biamonte is a partner in the asset management group who concentrates on the formation and operation of private investment funds, with a focus on helping general partners with fundraising. He works with funds of all sizes, from $150 million to $9 billion, across fund types, including buyout, funds of funds, venture, hedge, secondary and special focus funds. Marc is also co-leader of the firm’s institutional investors team and buyout funds team.
Marc is known for thinking through complicated legal issues to deliver “concrete and actionable advice,” as U.S. News/Best Lawyers noted when naming the firm “Law Firm of the Year” for Private Funds Law. Clients also appreciate Marc’s ability to help them realize their goals using a consensus-based approach in negotiations. Marc was recently named a “Rising Star” by IFLR1000.
Marc’s broader understanding of the private funds industry is informed by his varied legal and accounting experience. Marc represents investment advisers on Advisers Act matters, and has advised investment management firms and their principals on transactions, including spin-offs. Prior to law school, Marc practiced as a Certified Public Accountant and a Management Consultant at global accounting firm PwC.
- Global private equity fund of funds platform for one of the largest asset managers in the world
- Kohlberg & Company
- Freeman Spogli
- Strategic Value Partners
- Sands Capital
- Morgan Stanley
- Oberland Capital
- New Second Capital
- Cyprium Partners
- Co-author, “Crafting carried interest provisions in the limited partnership agreement,” Private Equity Compensation and Incentives (Private Equity International, April 2012)
- JD, summa cum laude; Order of the Coif, Boston College Law School, 2002; Executive Editor, Boston College Law Review
- BS, Bucknell University, 1994
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2007
- New Jersey, 2007
- Massachusetts, 2002
- Law360 “Fund Formation MVP” (2021)
- Legal 500 (2017-2019)
- IFLR1000 (2016-2022)