Matthew Brunmeier is an associate in the corporate department and a member of the firm’s asset management group. Matt’s practice focuses on counseling registered investment companies (including open-end mutual funds, closed-end funds and exchange-traded funds) and investment advisers on a broad range of regulatory, compliance and transactional matters arising under U.S. federal securities laws, particularly the Investment Company Act of 1940 and the Investment Advisers Act of 1940. Matt also counsels the independent board members of registered investment companies on fiduciary duties and corporate governance matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Matt was an associate in the investment services group of Vedder Price P.C.
- Drafting and reviewing registration statements, proxy statements, shareholder reports and other regulatory filings;
- Advising fund independent directors on fiduciary duties and conflicts of interest and other governance matters, including in connection with annual contract renewals;
- Counseling fund clients on all aspects of board administration and meeting preparation;
- Advising investment companies and investment advisers on ongoing compliance matters, including drafting and reviewing compliance policies and procedures and assisting clients in annual compliance reviews; and
- Conducting transactional due diligence and drafting regulatory disclosures in connection with affiliated and unaffiliated fund reorganizations.
- JD, cum laude, Loyola University Chicago School of Law, 2012; executive board member and special symposium editor, Loyola University Chicago Law Journal
- BA (History and Political Science), magna cum laude, Loyola University, 2007