Megan Bisk is a partner in the employment, executive compensation and employee benefits practice and leads the employment specialty group. Megan regularly represents clients in connection with mergers and acquisitions, involving both U.S.-based and international entities, and provides advice on the many employment concerns related to these transactions. She also assists employers with a broad variety of executive compensation matters, including the drafting and negotiation of employment agreements, consulting agreements, separation agreements, non-competition and confidentiality agreements, and commission and incentive plans.
Megan also counsels clients on the full range of issues facing employers, including employee discipline and discharge; sexual harassment and employment discrimination; wage and hour law compliance; employer obligations under the ADA, FMLA and corresponding state laws; and non-competition and non-solicitation issues. More recently she has been advising clients on these issues in the context of the COVID-19 outbreak. Finally, Megan represents clients in state and federal court proceedings and before federal administrative agencies and parallel state agencies, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, and the U.S Department of Labor.
- Quoted, “When Having a Baby and Losing Your Job Collide,” The New York Times (February 9, 2023)
- Quoted, “Hot Private-Equity Job Market Could Become Scorching With Noncompete Ban,” The Wall Street Journal Pro (January 13, 2023)
- Quoted, “There’s a fight brewing over whether companies are responsible when workers get coronavirus,” CNBC.com (June 19, 2020)
- Co-author, “6 Ways Lawmakers Could Address COVID-19 Liability For Cos.,” Law360 (May 1, 2020)
- Co-author, “Addressing #MeToo in M&A,” International Law Office Corporate Finance/M&A Newsletter (April 17, 2019)
- JD, William & Mary Law School, 2006; Order of the Coif; Member, William & Mary Law Review
- BA (Political Science), summa cum laude, University of Massachusetts Amherst, 2003
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2006
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star (2014-2021)
- Legal 500 (2017)