Michael D. Beauvais
Michael Beauvais, co-chair of the life sciences group and a partner of the firm’s health care group, has over 18 years of experience representing clients in the medical device, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, health care services and digital health industries. His transactional experience spans a broad range of mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings, divestitures, collaborations, joint ventures and affiliations.
Michael also regularly counsels private equity firms, financial sponsors and other strategic investors in the life sciences and health care industries on matters pertaining to their investments, including assessing and remediating a target company’s compliance with federal and state regulatory requirements in matters related to licensing, data privacy and security, corporate practice of medicine, fraud and abuse, and Stark.
- Representation of a global leading alternative investment firm in a series of transactions, including:
- its $55 million Series D financing and investment round for a German biopharmaceutical company.
- its $70 million convertible preferred PIPE investment in a leading developer of investigational ribonucleic acid interference (RNAi) therapeutics.
- its $830 million acquisition of a controlling stake in a South Korean pharmaceutical company.
- its strategic investment in a leading provider of cloud-based claims management and patient payment solutions for physician practices and hospitals and subsequent definitive agreement to combine with another company to become the leading provider of revenue cycle management.
- Representation of a private equity firm in its $450 million acquisition of a clinical services and clinical technology solutions provider for various clinical trials.
- Representation of a behavioral health care company in its acquisition of a psychological services company.
- Representation of a public medical device company in multiple acquisitions, both domestically and internationally.
- Representation of a public biotechnology company in the divestiture of multiple divisions, including genetic testing, laboratory, and diagnostics.
- Representation of a public healthcare services company in connection with the acquisition and divesture of multiple independent living and skilled nursing facilities.
- Representation of a genomic research institution in its collaboration with sequencing technology company.
- Representation of a public hospital company in the divestiture of a hospital system and ancillary providers.
- Representation of the largest private dental practice management company in the United States in the sale of a controlling interest to a private equity firm.
- Representation of a leading children’s hospital in connection with a strategic affiliation.
- Representation of Oxford Immunotec Global PLC (UK) in its initial public offering on a U.S. exchange.
- Lead counsel to the underwriters in connection with initial public offerings by Connecture, Medidata, athenahealth, MedAssets and Synta Pharmaceuticals.
- Quoted, “Lawyers Head To JPMorgan Conference Eager To Spark Deals,” Law360 (January 5, 2018)
- Quoted, “Deal Makers Buoyed After JPMorgan Forum Despite Clouds,” Law360 (January 13, 2017)
- Quoted, “Health & Well Being Report,” CBS Radio Network (March 8-10, 2016)
- Co-author, “Clearing Up Developer Health App Questions,” Law360 (February 26, 2016) (Subscription required)
- Co-author, “Modifying CMS Medicare And Medicaid Incentive Programs,” Law360 (July 2, 2014)