Mike Bell is an associate in the business and securities litigation group of Ropes & Gray’s London office after joining in 2015.
Mike acts on a broad range of litigation matters including contractual and lending disputes, competition damages claims, tracing and recovery of defrauded assets, warranty claims, jurisdictional challenges, voidable transactions and valuer’s negligence claims. He also acts in regulatory investigations, and advises on policies, transactional diligence, and compliance matters in relation to money laundering, corruption, sanctions and modern slavery issues.
Prior to joining the firm, Mike worked in the litigation team of a large law firm in New Zealand, where his work included general commercial, banking and insolvency litigation, and appearing as junior counsel at trial in the High Court.
- Acting for Polar Air Cargo LLC, a US-based cargo airline, in connection with long-running air cargo cartel proceedings brought in the English High Court.
- Acting for a multi-billion dollar chemical company to trace, freeze and recover defrauded funds across three jurisdictions following an IT security breach.
- Advising a medical device company in relation to patent revocation proceedings before the UK High Court.
- Advising a large care home company on its successful defence of breach of contract claims.
- Representing a financial advisory firm being investigated by the FCA.
- Representing a financial advisory firm in relation to an SFO document request.
- Assisting an NGO with creating training materials for police, prosecutors and judges in relation to human trafficking crimes.
- Assisting individuals in relation to disability benefit appeals.