Nathan’s practice focuses on advising registered investment companies, their independent directors, and investment advisers. Nathan works on a variety of matters regarding the establishment, registration, reorganization, and operation of retail and institutional investment products, including providing advice with respect to governance, regulatory and compliance issues of all kinds affecting investment management industry clients.
Prior to working at the firm, Nathan interned at the Investment Adviser Association in Washington, DC where he assisted and worked with its members in a variety of lobbying and industry-related issues. Nathan holds a masters degree in international economic relations and has passed Level I of the Chartered Financial Analyst examination.
- Represents PIMCO and its 20 closed-end funds and wrap account products in a variety of ongoing corporate, regulatory and compliance matters, including with respect to, among other things, proxy contests, preferred share tender offers and new product offerings.
- Advises the DoubleLine Funds, including both their open- and closed-end funds, and their board of trustees with respect to a broad range of regulatory and compliance matters, including the creation of new products.
- Currently representing a global investment management firm with over $97 billion in assets under management and their board of directors on a full range of mutual fund matters, including the establishment, registration, and operation of new funds; and fund mergers and consolidations.
- Acts regularly as issuer counsel in respect of establishing and registering closed-end investment companies and closed-end fund initial public offerings, including, among others, as counsel to DoubleLine Opportunistic Credit Fund, DoubleLine Income Solutions Fund, PIMCO Dynamic Income Fund, PIMCO Dynamic Credit Income Fund, AllianzGI Diversified Income & Convertible Fund, and Stone Harbor Emerging Markets Income Fund.
- Serves as counsel to RE Advisers and Homestead Funds, Inc.
- Co-author, “Board Oversight of Closed-End Funds: Leverage, Discounts and Insurgents,” Fund Directions (January 2014)