Rahmon J. Brown
Rahmon Brown joined Ropes & Gray’s business restructuring group in 2022 from another large global law firm. His practice focuses on all aspects of corporate restructuring, bankruptcy, and insolvency proceedings, including advising public and private companies, boards, financial sponsors and distressed investors in complex out-of-court liability management transactions, distressed acquisitions, and in-court chapter 11 proceedings. Rahmon helps clients navigate the stressful environment inherent with complex restructurings, working to find creative solutions in both in- and out-of-court financially distressed situations.
Prior to private practice, Rahmon clerked for Hon. John T. Dorsey in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware and Hon. Hannah L. Blumenstiel in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of California. Rahmon is actively involved in various community organizations and maintains an active pro bono practice.
- Representing an ad hoc group of senior secured noteholders and convertible noteholders of Quotient Limited, a publicly-listed European-based diagnostics company, with respect to, among other things, its pending chapter 11 case and recapitalization involving more than $250 million of secured and unsecured debt.
- Represented the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of CarbonLite Holdings, LLC in the District of Delaware*
- Represented a European company as prepetition lender in the Chapter 11 case of Klausner Lumber One LLC and as prepetition lender and stalking horse bidder in the Chapter 11 case of Klausner Lumber Two LLC*
- Represented an aerospace company as a large unsecured creditor in the Chapter 11 cases of an aerospace component manufacturer*
- Represented a global asset manager as prepetition secured lender and DIP lender (as part of a group of lenders) in the Chapter 11 cases of a large health club chain*
*Experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray
- JD, Loyola University Chicago School of Law, 2017
- BS (Accounting), Alcorn State University, 2013; Division 1 Football
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2022
- Illinois, 2017
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2018
- ABA Business Bankruptcy Committee – 20/20 Partners Rising Young Leader Award (2021)
- National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges – NextGen Program (2022)