Raj helps life sciences companies and research institutions structure and negotiate licenses and collaborations. In addition, Raj advises venture-backed biotechnology companies from formation through initial public offering on equity financings, corporate governance issues, licenses, collaborations, and commercial agreements.
Life Sciences Transactions
- Represents the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard in connection with licenses and collaborations, including commercial and research tool licenses for CRISPR/Cas9.
- Represented Sarepta Therapeutics in a strategic investment and licensing transaction with Lacerta Therapeutics, a gene therapy company, in which Sarepta entered into a license and option agreement for up to three new CNS-targeted gene therapy programs, including exclusive rights to Lacerta’s gene therapy candidate for Pompe Disease and options to two additional candidates, and made an equity investment of $30 million in Lacerta.
- Represented Sarepta Therapeutics in connection with an exclusive license and collaboration agreement with Summit Therapeutics that extends Sarepta’s Duchenne muscular dystrophy drug pipeline.
- Represents Juno Therapeutics in connection with supply and intellectual property license agreements.
- Advised AMAG Pharmaceuticals in an agreement with Palatin Technologies to gain exclusive North American rights to develop and commercialize Rekynda™ (bremelanotide), valued at up to $465 million in upfront, milestone and ongoing development payments, plus tiered royalties on net sales.
- Represented Janssen Pharmaceuticals in its $1.05 billion all-cash divestiture of U.S. license rights to the NUCYNTA® franchise of pharmaceutical products to Depomed, Inc.
Emerging Company Representation
- Represents Compass Therapeutics, LogicBio Therapeutics and Vapotherm, among others, in venture financings and on corporate matters.
- Co-author, “Global Health Innovations Can Be Game-Changers at Home, Too,” STAT News (March 14, 2017)
- Co-author, “3D printing hits its 'Napster moment,' prepares to disrupt patent rights,” Upstart Business Journal (November 9, 2015)
- The Success of, and Response to, India’s Law against Patent Layering, 54 Harv. Int’l L.J. Online 204 (2013)
- JD, cum laude, Harvard Law School, 2014; Board of Student Advisers
- AB (Neurobiology), cum laude, Harvard College, 2011