Shane A. Bryan
Shane Bryan is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s antitrust practice group. Shane’s practice primarily involves representing clients before the U.S. Department of Justice and Federal Trade Commission on antitrust aspects of mergers and acquisitions and other competitive conduct.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Shane represented the FTC’s Bureau of Competition in numerous complex antitrust merger reviews and litigations across multiple industries including matters relating to the oil and gas, technology, consumer goods, and insurance sectors.
Notable transactions in which Shane has been involved prior to joining the firm include:
- The FTC’s investigation of the proposed $1.37 billion acquisition of Harry’s, Inc. by Edgewell Personal Care Company. Edgewell abandoned the acquisition after the FTC issued an administrative complaint and requested a temporary restraining order in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia.
- The FTC’s investigation of the proposed $1.2 billion acquisition of Stewart Information Services Corporation by Fidelity National Financial, Inc. The parties abandoned the deal after the FTC filed an administrative complaint seeking to block the acquisition.
- JD, The George Washington University Law School, 2017; Member, Alternative Dispute Resolution Board
- BS (Legal Studies), University of Central Florida, 2013
Admissions / Qualifications
- District of Columbia, 2017