Timothy K. Bolte
Tim focuses his practice on representing private equity sponsors and strategic buyers in the structuring and negotiation of investments and divestitures in a broad range of industries, including asset management, technology, consumer products and health care. He also regularly advises clients on general corporate and governance matters.
Tim relocated to the firm’s San Francisco office in 2020 after previously working in both the Boston and London offices.
- Represented McAfee Corp. in its pending $4 billion sale of its Enterprise business to Symphony Technology Group.
- Represented Planview, a portfolio company of TPG Capital and TA Associates, in its add-on acquisitions of Clarizen, a global leader in enterprise collaborative work management, and Changepoint, a leading enterprise portfolio management provider.
- Represented TPG Capital and TA Associates in their $1.6 billion joint acquisition of Planview, a software company providing portfolio management and work management solutions.
- Represented TPG Capital in connection with
- its acquisition of Wind River Systems, Inc., a world leader in embedded software for intelligent connected systems, from Intel Corporation.
- its sale of Vertafore, Inc., a provider of adaptable technology solutions for the insurance industry.
- Represented Landmark Partners, a leading investor in the private equity, real estate and real asset secondary market, in connection with the sale of a majority interest in Landmark Partners to OM Asset Management plc and Landmark Partners’ subsequent pending sale of its interests to Ares Management Corporation.
- Represented Advent International in the take-private of Forescout Technologies, a leader in device visibility and control.
- Represented Mason Wells, Inc., a leading Midwest-based private equity firm, in its
- acquisition of RJW Logistics Group, a leading provider of supply chain logistics services for consumer packaged goods companies.
- acquisition of SWAT Group, a provider of radon mitigation system installation services.
- investment in CE Power Solutions and multiple add-on acquisitions.
- Represented Kohlberg & Company in its sale of Osmose Utilities Services, Inc., a leading provider of structural integrity management services to power utilities and telecommunications providers across the transmission and distribution infrastructure grid.
- Represented Berkshire Partners in its Series C investment in Vapor IO, Inc., a micro data center business focused on mobile edge computing.
- Represented CCMP Capital Advisors in connection with its acquisition of Badger Sportswear, Inc., a manufacturer and supplier of team uniforms, performance athletic wear and fanwear, and its subsequent add-on acquisitions of Alleson of Rochester, Inc. and Teamwork Athletic Apparel.
- Represented Castanea Partners in its
- acquisition of Yasso, Inc., a manufacturer of novelty ice cream bars
- acquisition (and subsequent sale) of The Bruery, LLC, a craft brewery
- investment in Tatcha, LLC, a luxury skincare brand
- Represented TSG Consumer Partners in its sale of Raybern Foods, LLC, a California based manufacturer of branded specialty sandwiches.
- Represented Audax Group in its acquisition of WellSpring Consumer Healthcare, a distributor of branded hygiene and cosmetic products.
- Represented adidas AG in connection with its sale of Mitchell & Ness Nostalgia Co. Inc., a sports clothing company specializing in nostalgia headwear and apparel.
- Author, “The Merger of American Airlines and U.S. Airways,” 33 Rev. Banking & Fin. L. 494 (2014)
- JD, magna cum laude, Boston University School of Law, 2015; G. Joseph Tauro Distinguished Scholar; articles editor, Review of Banking & Financial Law
- BA (Political Science & East Asian Studies), summa cum laude, Bucknell University, 2012; Phi Beta Kappa; First Team Academic All-American
Admissions / Qualifications
- California, 2021
- Massachusetts, 2015