Zack Bland joined Ropes & Gray in 2018 as an associate in the private equity group. Zack represents private equity funds, other strategic investors and private companies in mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts and other strategic transactions. Zack also advises private equity firms and their portfolio companies on general corporate governance matters. Before joining the firm, Zack worked in private practice, with a focus on mergers and acquisitions.
During law school, Zack interned for the United States Senate Judiciary Committee.
- Represented Harvest Partners in its majority investment in Galway Insurance Holdings, the holding company for EPIC Brokers & Consultants and JenCap Holdings.
- Represented BVI, a TPG portfolio company, in its acquisition of Benz Research & Development and its customized contact lens subsidiary, SpecialEyes.
- Represented Ansira Partners, a leading marketing services provider and portfolio company of Advent International Corporation, in its acquisitions of BrightWave Marketing, a leading email and eCRM company, and the digital marketing business of CDK Global now rebranded as Sincro, an Ansira Company.
- Advise Baillie Gifford Overseas Limited in various venture and growth capital investments in the U.S. and overseas.
- Pro Bono: Participates in Rosie’s Place CORI Sealing Clinic, a monthly clinic started by Ropes & Gray attorneys in an effort to assist women at the shelter with CORI sealing matters.
- Co-author, “New Hampshire Commercial Lending Law,” Commercial Lending Law: A Jurisdiction-by-Jurisdiction Guide to U.S. and Canadian Law, American Bar Association (June 2016)
- Co-author, “New Hampshire Libel and Privacy Law,” Employment Survey, Media Law Resource Center (November 2015)
- JD, Boston University School of Law, 2014; Administrative Editor, Public Interest Law Journal; Dean’s Award in Legislation
- BA (Economics, Political Science), cum laude, Vanderbilt University, 2011
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2020
- Massachusetts, 2015
- New Hampshire, 2014
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Hampshire, 2015