Andrea Conzatti’s practice focuses on advising private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies, as well as public and private companies and financial advisors, in a variety of complex large-cap, middle-market and cross-border transactions, including stock and asset acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, mergers, and carve-out deals. His clients span borders and industries, including technology, healthcare, retail, and manufacturing.
Notable transactions in which Andrea was involved prior to joining the firm include the following:
- Advised a leading U.S. private equity firm and its portfolio companies in various complex M&A transactions, including its $800 million leveraged buy-out of a market leader in the EDI solutions space.
- Advised a leading international investment company in its $1.36 billion sale of a U.S.-based provider of custom print labels and packaging solutions to affiliates of a global private equity firm.
- Represented a U.S. sponsor-backed provider of ambulatory surgery services in its $2.4 billion sale to one of the largest managed health care companies in the world.
- Represented a global provider of human capital and business solutions in various transactions, including its carve-out acquisition of the retiree-exchange business of a leading international professional services firm, and its acquisition of a leading provider of expert health care clinical guidance, second opinion and related solutions and services.
- Represented a U.S. based provider of PCM solutions in its $300 million acquisition of a global leader in the master data management and product information management space.
- Represented a leading global private equity firm in various transactions and related matters, including its $600 million acquisition of a majority interest in a U.S. urgent care provider and its minority investment (as part of an international consortium) in a global provider of telecommunications services.
- Represented a global leader in the chemical and consumer goods industries on various matters, including its $3.6 billion acquisition of a private equity-owned U.S. provider of laundry detergents, fabric softeners and other household care products, and its $480 million acquisition of a U.S. based producer and distributor of hair care and hair styling products.
- Represented one of the world's largest bakeries in connection with its $650 million acquisition of a U.S. based baked goods manufacturer and distributor.
- Represented a global distributor of health care products in a “Reverse Morris Trust” transaction involving the spin-off of its animal health business and the subsequent merger with a provider of technology-enabled veterinary services.
- Represented a global leader in the intermodal containers leasing industry in its “merger of equals” with one of its key U.S. competitors.
- “The Recognition of U.S. “Opt Out” Class Actions in China,” 44 Georgetown Journal of Int’l Law, 641-673 (2013)
- LLM, Harvard Law School, 2012
- JD, with Honors, Bocconi University, 2008
- LLB, Bocconi University, 2006
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2013