Brenda A. Coleman
Brenda Coleman specialises in all aspects of corporate tax including private equity, fund formation, public and private M&A, restructurings, complex financings and tax disputes. Her experience includes acting for multi-asset managers, LPs, multinational companies, banks, hedge funds, Sovereign wealth funds and various UK Government departments.
- K2 Insurance Services, a portfolio company of Lee Equity Partners, the U.S. private equity firm, on its acquisition of Pioneer Underwriters, a London-headquartered underwriting services organisation
- Bain Capital on its acquisition of:
- a controlling stake in MKM, the UK’s largest independent builders’ merchant;
- NGA UK, a UK payroll and HR Business from NGA Human Resources; and
- CRH plc’s clay and concrete business in the UK and the U.S.
- CCMP on its sale of PureGym, a chain of no frills fitness clubs in the UK
- Charlesbank Capital Partners and Ensono on the acquisition of a data centre business from Wipro
- TSG Consumer Partners on its acquisition of a minority stake in BrewDog, a Scottish craft beer
- 3i Group plc on the acquisition of Audley Travel
- Epiris on its acquisition of Bonhams
- Genstar Capital on its (approx.) $1bn acquisition of CRF Health
- ICG in the $5.3bn consortium buy-out of Visma
- ICG on its £1.3bn joint partnership investment into IRIS
- Ares Management on the sale of its portfolio company Cordium
- Northern European private equity sponsor in the formation of its €4.25 billion Northern Europe focused private equity fund
- APG on its acquisition of a 75 per cent interest in a joint venture with TH Real Estate, to develop the St James Centre in Edinburgh, one of the UK’s largest private regeneration projects
- Co-author, “Tax issues on private equity transactions,” Tax Journal (November 9, 2018)
- Quoted, “Autumn 2018 Budget: Other business measures,” Thomson Reuters (October 31, 2018)
- Co-author, “Private debt funds: an introduction,” Thomson Reuters’ Practical Law (2018)
- Quoted, “The major changes to the legal profession that law students need to know about,” Legal Cheek (February 22, 2018)
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- LLB (Law), 1st Class Hons, King's College London, 1981