Brooke joined Ropes & Gray in 2021 as an associate in the litigation and enforcement practice group. During law school, Brooke was a submissions editor for the Harvard International Law Journal and a peer advisor at the Office of Career Services. Brooke completed internships at the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Massachusetts’ Health Care Fraud Unit and the East Boston Division of the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office, where she tried a case to a jury verdict in the Boston Municipal Court.
- Represents Fortune 500 pharmaceutical distributor in Civil Investigative Demand by DOJ; advises of risk under Anti-Kickback Statute.
- Represents non-profit institution in SEC investigation of compliance with investment disclosure obligations.
- Defends leading mutual fund in investigation by SEC regarding differential fee waiver arrangements.
- Defends individual in connection with SEC allegations of a pump-and-dump penny stock scheme.
- Represents investment bank in FINRA examination relating to investment by natural persons in private placement.
- Advised investment management industry group on comments to proposed rulemaking regarding ESG disclosures.
- Conducted an internal investigation for large oil company regarding historical relationship with former foreign head-of-state; advised of risk under U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and recommended best practices moving forward.
- Advised multinational pharmaceutical company regarding potential risk under the False Claims Act and Anti-Kickback Statute through use of electronic health records marketing tools.
- Conducted investigation of data breach at alternative investment advisor; advised on disclosure obligations under various state laws.
- Represented multinational real estate services and investment firm in internal investigation of potential fraud by employees and in negotiations with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
- Represents prominent pharmacy store chain in dispute with insurance companies regarding Usual and Customary pricing for prescription drugs.
- Represented global asset management company in books and records demand; secured settlement avoiding further litigation.
Anti-Corruption Investigations and Diligence
- Performs pre-investment diligence for private equity and venture capital firms.
- Represents family in special education disputes with school district; negotiated settlement providing for extension of services due to denial of a Free and Adequate Public Education during the COVID-19 pandemic. Co-leads Education matters for the Medical-Legal Partnership.
- Provides intake services for individuals seeking asylum; represents asylee in naturalization process.
- Co-author, “Disclosure of Exculpatory Evidence in ‘Parallel’ Civil and Criminal Investigations,” The Anti-Corruption Report (April 28, 2021)
- JD, cum laude, Harvard Law School, 2020; Dean’s Scholar Prizes in Local Government Law and Criminal Prosecution Clinic
- BA (Political Science and Peace Studies), summa cum laude, University of Notre Dame, 2017; Phi Beta Kappa; Pi Sigma Alpha
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2021