David Cooper-Parry joined the private equity group of Ropes & Gray's London office as an associate in 2018. Prior to joining the firm, David completed a training contract with an international firm in their London and Tokyo offices.
David has a range of experience acting for private equity and corporate clients on domestic and cross border M&A transactions, financings and financial litigation.
Notable transactions in which David has been involved prior to joining the firm include:
- Acting for the special situations team of a US investment bank on its acquisition of a series of European commercial real estate assets
- Acting for a private equity sponsor on the refinancing of two asset-backed facilities
- Acting for a global asset manager on its acquisition of a portion of a loan facility secured by re-performing UK consumer loans
- Acting for a FTSE 250 company on its acquisition of a UK financial services firm
- Acting for a UK bank on a £350m piece of High Court litigation arising out of the financial crisis