Janet Soave Coscino
Janet Soave Coscino is counsel in the private equity transactions group, based in the firm's Chicago office. Her practice focuses on transactional matters, representing private equity firms as well as public and private companies, in a variety of industries including life sciences, technology, manufacturing, energy and education. Janet regularly advises clients on private equity and venture capital investments, large-scale public company mergers and acquisitions, carve-outs, and a wide array of middle-market transaction strategies.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Janet worked at an international law firm where she focused on M&A, private equity and general corporate matters for private and public companies of varying sizes—from emerging growth companies to Fortune 100 multi-national corporations.
Notable transactions in which Janet was involved prior to joining the firm include representation of:
- A leading EdTech platform in the sale of its K–12 content and software division to a private investment firm.
- A global pharmaceutical company developer of implantable bioelectronic devices
- A food company
- A global medical technology company in its divestiture of certain surgical consumable products and related assets to a private equity firm.
- A private equity firm portfolio company providing industrial laundry services in its add-on acquisition and related financing of a commercial healthcare laundry services provider.
- JD, Loyola University Chicago School of Law, 2012
- BA, University of Michigan, 2009
Admissions / Qualifications
- Illinois, 2015
- The Best Lawyers in America – Ones to Watch (2023)