Michael Cantor joined Ropes & Gray’s corporate department in 2021. Michael represents clients in a variety of corporate and commercial transactions, including minority equity investments, intellectual property licensing and collaboration transactions, and capital markets transactions involving special purpose acquisition companies, as well as start-up, formation and corporate governance matters.
- Advised Northpond Ventures in connection with its lead investment in the $15 million Series A financing of OPT Industries, a manufacturing company that uses 3D printing technology to create products for the health care, automotive, cosmetics and consumer goods industries.
- Represented Arbor Biotechnologies, Inc., a private clinical stage biotherapeutics company, in connection with its $215 million Series B financing, as well as on various ongoing corporate and commercial matters.
- Represents various venture capital, institutional and strategic investors in venture and growth equity investments in companies in the technology, health care and biotechnology sector.
- Represented the underwriters in seven SPAC IPOs in 2021, raising aggregate proceeds over $2.5 billion.
- JD, The George Washington University Law School, 2020
- BA (Leadership, Public Policy), With distinction, University of Virginia, 2016
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2021