Shelby Cuomo joined Ropes & Gray’s litigation department in 2016.
During law school, Shelby worked for Polaris Industries in its government relations division. Shelby also served as a notes editor of the George Washington Law Review and the Student Bar Association’s Vice President of Outreach.
In her pro bono practice, Shelby has assisted in the representation of individual clients and non-profit organizations in cases involving constitutional law and Title IX claims.
- Representing senior executive of an international medical device manufacturer in a criminal investigation being conducted by the DOJ and FDA.
- Representing investors in several residential mortgage-backed securities (“RMBS”) trusts in multiple cases pending in New York State.
- Representing private equity firm in insider trading inquiries by SEC and DOJ.
- Representing pharmaceutical manufacturer in qui tam action under the federal False Claims Act and several state analogues involving alleged kickbacks and over-billing.
- Represented individual at financial services institution in connection with regulatory inquiry relating to trading practices.
- Participated in a compliance investigation of one of the largest not-for-profit home-and community-based health care organizations in the U.S.
- Part of the trial team that represented a criminal defendant on federal public corruption and conspiracy charges in a three-week jury trial in the Southern District of New York.