Alexa K. Chally
Alexa Chally is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s corporate department. She advises clients on intellectual property transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, collaborations, licensing, joint ventures, and complex commercial arrangements. Alexa also counsels clients on data, privacy, and cybersecurity issues in connection with mergers and acquisitions and compliance.
Additionally, Alexa has a robust pro bono practice. She regularly represents transgender clients in completing legal name changes and updating state and federal identity documentation. She also provides legal advice to homeless clients at GLIDE’s pro bono legal clinic in San Francisco.
During law school, Alexa represented foster youth and families involved in the child-welfare system.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented the Decentralized Code Network (“Deconet”) in drafting and advising on a software license that can be recorded and transferred on a blockchain. This transaction was highly commended in the Financial Times Innovative Lawyer awards.
- Represented TPG in its definitive agreement to acquire CollabNet VersionOne, a leading software delivery platform provider for Agile planning, DevOps, and Value Stream Management, from Vector Capital.
- Represented Qorvo US, Inc. in the purchase of Active-Semi International, Inc., a semiconductor designer and supplier of programmable analog power solutions, with respect to advising Qorvo on various IP matters, including the target’s international IP portfolio, complex intracompany IP arrangements and exposure to IP litigation.
- Represented private equity firm Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe (WCAS) in a definitive agreement, along with Walgreen Co., to make equity investments in Shields Health Solutions.
- Represented Gauge Capital in its recapitalization of Schlesinger Global in partnership with the company’s existing ownership and management.
Advised Partners Group in its investment in Idera, Inc., parent company of global B2B software productivity brands, on behalf of Partners Group’s clients.
Represented LightBay Capital in its acquisition of Alliance Animal Health, the multi-site owner, operator and business partner to veterinarians across the United States.
Data, Privacy & Cybersecurity
- Counseled Tri-Artisan Capital Partners LLC on its acquisition of PF Chang’s China Bistro Inc. from Centerbridge Partners LP, specifically with respect to diligence on a variety of agreements, including IT and vendor agreements, cybersecurity insurance policies, network audits, and employee training and policy manuals.
- Represented Goldfinch Biopharma in securing $100 million in Series B financing.
- JD, University of Michigan Law School, 2018
- BA, University of Texas at Austin, 2013