Anne E. Conroy
As an associate in Ropes & Gray’s Litigation and Enforcement practice group, Anne’s practice focuses on complex commercial litigation, shareholder disputes, regulatory matters, and civil and criminal government enforcement matters. She has represented clients in matters involving securities laws, the False Claims Act, shareholder actions, and general commercial disputes.
Anne’s experience during law school, including serving as the Editor-in-Chief of the Brooklyn Law Review and as an intern at the New York Attorney General’s Office, established a solid foundation for her developing practice.
- Representing a biopharmaceutical company and its officers and directors in a securities class action regarding disclosures made in connection with the Company’s IPO.
- Representing a portfolio company of a global private equity firm in shareholder litigation in the Delaware Court of Chancery.
- Represented officer and director in advancement litigation, including in an appeal to the Delaware Supreme Court.
- Pro Bono: Representing inmate seeking religious accommodation in state prison system in a federal court action.
- Co-author, “US Litigation Considerations and Landscape,” The Guide to Cyber Investigations, second edition (2021)
- Co-author, “What’s Up With WhatsApp? The Retention of Work-Related Messages,” New York Law Journal (February 25, 2021)
- Anne E. Conroy, The First Amendment’s Role on the Internet Governed by Private Actors: Disclosure Requirements as the “Best of Disinfectants”, 27 Geo. Mason L. Rev 381 (2020)
- Co-author, “US Litigation Considerations and Landscape,” The Guide to Cyber Investigations, first edition (2019)
- Anne E. Conroy, Reevaluating Attorney-Client Privilege in the Age of Hackers, 82 Brook. L. Rev. 1817 (2017)
- JD, summa cum laude, Brooklyn Law School, 2018; Editor-in-Chief, Brooklyn Law Review; Moot Court Honor Society, Appellate Division
- BA (History; Communications & Media Studies), Fordham University, 2009
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2019
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, 2020
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York, 2019
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, 2019