Anne E. Conroy
Anne’s practice focuses on complex litigation, including securities class action defense, deal-related litigation, and breach of contract and business tort claims. Anne has experience representing public and private companies, financial institutions, as well as directors and officers in disputes brought in state and federal courts.
In law school, Anne served as the editor-in-chief of the Brooklyn Law Review and as an intern in the New York Attorney General’s Office.
- Representing several private equity funds and their portfolio companies in a variety of matters, including transactional litigation.
- Representing a portfolio company of a global private equity firm in shareholder litigation in the Delaware Court of Chancery.
- Represented a biopharmaceutical company and its officers and directors in a securities class action regarding disclosures made in connection with the Company’s IPO, resulting in settlement before discovery.
- Represented officer and director in advancement litigation, including in an appeal to the Delaware Supreme Court.
- Pro Bono: Representing inmate in a federal court action seeking religious accommodation in state prison system, including in an appeal to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
- Co-author, “US Litigation Considerations and Landscape,” The Guide to Cyber Investigations, second edition (2021)
- Co-author, “What’s Up With WhatsApp? The Retention of Work-Related Messages,” New York Law Journal (February 25, 2021)
- Anne E. Conroy, The First Amendment’s Role on the Internet Governed by Private Actors: Disclosure Requirements as the “Best of Disinfectants”, 27 Geo. Mason L. Rev. 381 (2020)
- Co-author, “US Litigation Considerations and Landscape,” The Guide to Cyber Investigations, first edition (2019)
- Anne E. Conroy, Reevaluating Attorney-Client Privilege in the Age of Hackers, 82 Brook. L. Rev. 1817 (2017)
- JD, summa cum laude, Brooklyn Law School, 2018; Editor-in-Chief, Brooklyn Law Review; Moot Court Honor Society, Appellate Division
- BA (History; Communications & Media Studies), Fordham University, 2009
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2019
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, 2020
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York, 2019
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, 2019