Brian J. Crush
Brian joined the firm in 2019 and is an associate in the private capital transactions group. Brian focuses his practice on private equity buyouts and strategic M&A, including public and private mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, and ongoing corporate governance for the media, telecommunications, and technology industries. Brian also is actively engaged with the firm’s pro bono immigration initiatives, as well as the firm’s attorney recruiting programs.
Brian graduated with Honors from the University of Chicago Law School, where he served as the managing student director of the University of Chicago’s corporate lab clinic, and the events co-chair of the law school’s student government. At graduation, Brian received the Ann Watson Barber Award for his service to the law school and university, as well as the Pro Bono Legal Service Award and the Kirkland & Ellis Corporate Lab Award of Excellence.
Before law school, Brian worked as a media content producer, where he produced entertainment, educational and commercial content for a variety of clients and industries.
- Represented TPG Capital in a variety of investments and ongoing governance matters, including:
- its investment in the AT&T UVerse and DirecTV platforms, a transaction valued at $16.25 billion, as well as its ongoing governance of the portfolio company.
- its sale of Ellucian, a higher education technology provider, to funds managed by Blackstone and Vista Equity Partners.
- TPG and its partners’ portfolio company Kaseya’s investment in Datto, a leading global provider of security and cloud-based software solutions for managed service providers.
- Represented Harvest Partners in its investment in Galway Insurance Holdings, the holding company for EPIC Brokers & Consultants and JenCap Holdings, two of the largest insurance distribution firms in the United States.
- Represented DealerSocket, a leading software provider to the automotive industry and portfolio company of Vista Equity Partners, in its sale to Solera Holdings.
- Represented CIVC Partners in its investment in Young & Associates, a leading property damage consulting, forensic engineering and construction project management firm, as well as its ongoing governance of the portfolio company.
- Represented BV Investment Partners in its investment in EMS Management & Consultants, a provider of revenue cycle management and technology solutions for the emergency medical services industry, as well as its ongoing governance of the portfolio company.
- Represented BV Investment Partners in its sale of CivicPlus, an integrated software solutions provider for local governments, to Insight Partners.
- JD, with Honors, The University of Chicago Law School, 2019; The Ann Watson Barber Award
- BA (English, Cinema, Music), cum laude, Denison University, 2009
Admissions / Qualifications
- Illinois, 2019