Catherine Yiren Chen
Catherine Chen’s practice focuses on the tax aspects of private equity funds, fund of funds, hedge funds and real estate funds. Catherine advises fund managers on the formation and operation of private equity and hedge funds, including tax issues raised by cross-border capital raising and investments, as well as the federal income tax aspects of transactional matters such as acquisitions, mergers, restructurings, and the formation of joint ventures. She also regularly assists institutional investors in connection with primary, secondary and co-investments.
- “Taxation of Digital Goods and Services,” New York University Annual Survey of American Law, Volume 70, Issue 4 (February 2016)
- LLM (Taxation), New York University School of Law, 2020
- JD, New York University School of Law, 2015; Editor, New York University Annual Survey of American Law
- MA (Environmental Science and Policy), Clark University, 2011; Full merit scholarship; accelerated graduation
- BA (Economics and Political Science), Clark University, 2010; Presidential Scholarship