Dan Cowan focuses his practice primarily on representing private equity sponsors and strategic investors in public and private mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts and other general corporate matters.
- Represented Bain Capital in its $18 billion acquisition of Toshiba Memory Corporation from Toshiba Corporation, by way of a Bain Capital-led consortium including Apple, Seagate Technology, Kingston Technology, Hoya, Dell Technologies and SK hynix.
- Represented TSG Consumer Partners in its investments in a number of food and beverage, health and beauty, and other consumer products companies, including nuun, Zoeva, Pabst Blue Ribbon and Charming Charlie.
- Represented Natixis Global Asset Management in connection with multiple acquisitions and dispositions of affiliated asset management companies.
- Represented Berkshire Partners in its $2 billion transaction to acquire and combine Lightower Fiber Networks and Sidera Networks.
- Represented Gridiron Capital in its acquisition of Performance Health & Wellness, a producer of rehabilitation and wellness products, and Performance Health & Wellness in an add-on acquisition of a manufacturer of athletic training and sports medicine products.
- Represented Altamont Capital in its acquisition of Mervin Manufacturing, a snowboard manufacturing company.
- Represented Correct Care Solutions in its acquisition of Conmed Healthcare Management, a leading full service provider of correctional facility healthcare services.
- Regularly represents pro bono clients through partnerships with the Massachusetts Legal Clinic for the Homeless and Volunteer Lawyers Project.
- Negotiated hundreds of confidentiality agreements on behalf of clients reviewing potential transactions.
- Daniel Cowan, “New York’s Unconstitutional Tax on the Internet: Amazon.com v. New York State Department of Taxation & Finance and the Dormant Commerce Clause,” 88 North Carolina Law Review 1423 (2010)