Drew M. Clary
Drew represents a range of health care clients, both for-profit and nonprofit, including physician practices, hospitals, health plans, universities, schools of medicine, captive and reciprocal risk retention plans, laboratories, pharmaceutical and medical device companies and community-based providers of behavioral and mental health and social services.
Drew advises clients in regulatory, transactional and enforcement matters, including, e.g.,
- defending state and federal subpoenas and informal inquiries;
- hospital and medical school affiliations;
- managed care organization reorganizations and mergers;
- compliance with federal and state reimbursement rules;
- navigating federal and state fraud and abuse restrictions, including the Stark physician self-referral, anti-kickback, fee-splitting and corporate practice of medicine requirements;
- discharging repayment and disclosure obligations emanating from overpayments and improper referral arrangements;
- developing IPAs and accountable care organizations (ACOs) to capitalize on and respond to state and federal value-based payment initiatives; and
- developing Corporate Integrity Agreement and other compliance programs.
- Speaker, “Healthcare Provider and Payer Perspectives on Alternative Capital and Liquidity,” Hannover Re Experience 2018 Conference
- JD, University of Michigan Law School, 2009
- BA, Duke University, 2004