Holly J. Caldwell
Senior Attorney & Writing Coach
Holly Caldwell is the writing coach for the firm and a senior attorney in the litigation department. As writing coach, she works one-on-one with associates to improve their writing skills and leads seminars and CLEs to address common writing problems. Since 2010, she has also taught first-year legal writing at Boston University School of Law. In her legal practice, Holly has most recently defended individuals and corporations in criminal cases involving obstruction, false statements, and fraud charges, and in civil False Claims Act suits.
- Represented a former assistant general counsel of a major pharmaceutical company, obtaining a judgment of acquittal at trial in federal district court.
- Defended a medical device manufacturer against a False Claims Act suit, securing dismissal at an early stage of litigation.
- Represented a national healthcare corporation in a False Claims Act appeal to the Ninth Circuit.
- Filed amicus briefs with Supreme Court in cases involving the Hague Convention on Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction.
- Obtained summary judgment for an investment management company in $25 million claim for alleged breach of management contract and fiduciary duties.