James H. Coil, IV
James joined Ropes & Gray in 2015 as an associate. He practices primarily in the firm’s private equity group and has experience representing private equity funds, other strategic investors and public and private companies in mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts and other strategic transactions. James regularly advises private equity firms and their portfolio companies on acquisitions, divestitures and general corporate governance matters.
- Represented CCMP Capital Advisors, LP and a consortium of buyers in their acquisition of Truck Hero, Inc., a major manufacturer of truck bed covers and accessories.
- Represented CCMP Capital Advisors, LP and a consortium of buyers in their acquisition of Hayward Industries, Inc., a leading global manufacturer of residential and commercial pool equipment.
- Represented Bain Capital, The Blackstone Group and the Weather Company in the sale of the Weather Company’s P&T business to IBM.
- Represented an American multinational medical devices, pharmaceutical and consumer packaged goods manufacturer in its acquisition of the dermocosmetic company NeoStrata.
- Represented TPG Growth in its investment in NorthStar Anesthesia, an anesthesiology practice management business.