Janet Soave Coscino
Janet Soave Coscino is counsel in the private equity transactions group, based in the firm's Chicago office. Her practice focuses on transactional matters, representing private equity firms as well as public and private companies, in a variety of industries including life sciences, technology, manufacturing, energy and education. Janet regularly advises clients on private equity and venture capital investments, large-scale public company mergers and acquisitions, carve-outs, and a wide array of middle-market transaction strategies.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Janet worked at an international law firm where she focused on M&A, private equity and general corporate matters for private and public companies of varying sizes—from emerging growth companies to Fortune 100 multi-national corporations.
Notable transactions in which Janet was involved prior to joining the firm include representation of:
- A leading EdTech platform in the sale of its K–12 content and software division to a private investment firm.
- A global pharmaceutical company in its acquisition of a developer of implantable bioelectronic devices.
- A global provider of data center campuses on forming a strategic partnership with a private equity firm to accelerate the expansion of its data centers throughout North America and Europe.
- A food company in the sale of its accounting division to an accounting and payroll services firm serving independent retail grocers.
- The shareholders of a semiconductor device manufacturer in their sale of the company.
- A privately-held industrial company headquartered in Europe in its acquisition of a global manufacturer of rotary unions.
- A packaged food company in connection with its divestiture of its snacks business.
- A global medical technology company in its divestiture of certain surgical consumable products and related assets to a private equity firm.
- A leading workforce solutions provider in its acquisition of the financial services division of an online professional training services provider.
- A fertilizer company in its acquisition of a manufacturer of environmentally sustainable soil and plant health products and technologies.
- A renewable energy technologies and services provider in the sale of its industrial services business.
- A private equity firm portfolio company providing industrial laundry services in its add-on acquisition and related financing of a commercial healthcare laundry services provider.
- JD, Loyola University Chicago School of Law, 2012
- BA, University of Michigan, 2009
Admissions / Qualifications
- Illinois, 2015
- The Best Lawyers in America – Ones to Watch (2023)