Jennifer M. Cormier
Jen Cormier is a partner practicing primarily in the areas of employment and executive compensation. She focuses her practice on corporate transactions, advising clients throughout the deal process and over the life of an investment. Her client base include private equity sponsors, public companies, and private companies across the U.S., Canada, Europe and Asia.
Jen’s experience ranges from negotiating senior management arrangements (including employment agreements, incentive equity awards, cash compensation plans, earn-outs and restrictive covenants) to advising on sensitive executive separations. She counsels on all aspects of the employment relationship, including wage and hour law compliance, employee discipline and disputes, new hires, and layoffs. In the context of corporate transactions, she frequently advises on employee transition and onboarding issues, as well as post-closing workforce integration matters.
- Represented BV Investment Partners in its acquisition and sale of CivicPlus and its acquisitions of Intentsify, EMS Management & Consultants, GlideFastConsulting and several others.
- Represented Cove Hill Partners in its acquisition and sale of Storable, along with several other transactions.
- Represented GI Partners in its acquisitions of Aras, Rectangle Health and Clinical Ink, and its sale of Daxko, along with several other transactions.
- Represented The Vistria Group in its acquisitions of Help at Home, Mission Healthcare and SCA Pharma.
- Represented Baring Private Equity in its acquisition of Lumenis and subsequent sale of the Lumenis surgical division, and its acquisition of AGS Health.
- Represented Cressey & Company in its acquisitions of D4C and PurFoods, and its sales of VetCor and Encompass Home Healthcare.
- Represented GHO Capital in its acquisitions of DNA Diagnostics Centers, Envision Pharma Group, and X-Chem Pharmaceuticals.
- Regularly represents Becton Dickinson in acquisitions, divestitures and ongoing employment matters.
- Represented Kohlberg & Co. in several transactions, including its investments in U.S. Risk, Amendia, Inc., Risk Strategies, and Osmose Utilities.
- Represented Altamont Capital Partners in several transactions, including its investments in Sequel Youth & Family Services, Fox Head, Inc. and Cotton Patch Café.
- Represented Bain Capital in its investments in TOMS Shoes and TI Automotive; regularly represents Bain Capital Double Impact in acquisitions.
- Regularly represents private equity sponsors (including The Vistria Group, Baring Private Equity, Cressey & Company, GHO Capital, Altamont Capital Partners) to advise on employment and executive compensation counseling matters across their portfolios.
- Quoted, “Access to track record a key component to branching out,” Pensions & Investments (June 28, 2021)
- Co-author, “Addressing #MeToo in M&A,” International Law Office Corporate Finance/M&A Newsletter (April 17, 2019)
- JD, cum laude, Georgetown University Law Center, 2011; Award for Top Grade, International Labor and Employment Law; Award for Top Grade, Negotiation and Mediation
- BS (Political Science and Communication), summa cum laude, University of Massachusetts Amherst, 2002; Phi Beta Kappa
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2012
- The Best Lawyers in America – Ones to Watch (2021-2022)
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star (2019-2021)