Jessica F. Cooney
Jessica Cooney is an associate in the private equity group. Jessica focuses on representing public and private strategic clients as well as private equity clients in a range of transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, minority investments, add-ons, preferred equity investments, PIPEs, co-investments, dispositions and general corporate and governance matters.
- Represented THL in in its acquisition of Intelligent Medical Objects, a healthcare data enablement provider, from Warburg Pincus.
- Represented H.I.G. Capital in its acquisition of Time Manufacturing, a global manufacturer of vehicle mounted aerial lifts, from The Sterling Group.
- Represented New Mountain Capital in its acquisition of Cumming Group, an international construction consultancy, from Tailwind Capital.
- Represented Altus Power, a clean electrification company, in its business combination with CBRE Acquisition Holdings, Inc., a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC).
- Represented H.I.G. Capital in its acquisition of BECO Holding Company, a leading provider of critical fire life safety solutions, from Behrman Capital.
- Represented Astra, a rocket launch startup that provides satellite delivery service, in its acquisition of Apollo Fusion, a leading electric propulsion engine manufacturer, and in its US$2.1 billion business combination with Holicity, a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC).
- Represented publicly-held The Michaels Companies in its acquisition by affiliates of Apollo Global Management in a transaction that valued Michaels at an enterprise value of approximately $5.0 billion.
- Represented publicly-held The Habit Restaurants, Inc. in its $375 million merger with publicly-held Yum! Brands, Inc.
- Represented Veeam Software, the leader in backup solutions that deliver cloud data management, in its $5 billion acquisition by private equity firm Insight Partners.
- Represented publicly-held Milacron Holdings Corp. in its $2 billion cash and stock merger with publicly-held Hillenbrand, Inc.
- Represented H.I.G. Capital in its $1.8 billion sale of Caraustar Industries, Inc., a leading recycled paperboard and packaging solutions company, to publicly-held Greif, Inc.
- Represented Bain Capital in the $2.7 billion sale of its majority stake in health care technology provider Waystar, to Canada Pension Plan Investment Board and private equity fund EQT.
- Represented Bain Capital in its acquisition of U.S. Renal Care, Inc., a leading provider of dialysis services for patients suffering from end stage renal disease.
- Represented H.I.G. Capital in its acquisition of Wastequip, a leading North American manufacturer of waste equipment.
- Represented H.I.G. Capital in its acquisition of Vantage Specialty Chemicals, a leading provider of sustainable, naturally derived ingredients focused on personal care.
- Represented Bain Capital and its portfolio company Navicure in a strategic transaction to unite with ZirMed, with the combined company to provide hospitals, health systems, and ambulatory services organizations with a comprehensive suite of medical claims management, patient payment and data analytics solutions.
- Represented Kohlberg & Company and its portfolio company MarketCast in the acquisition of Fizziology LLC, a social insights and analytics company in the media and entertainment space.
- Represented publicly-held Surgery Partners, Inc., a healthcare services company, in its acquisition of National Surgical Healthcare, an owner and operator of surgical facilities in partnership with local physicians, and its related issuance of new preferred stock to Bain Capital and a $370 million senior unsecured notes offering.
- Represented H.I.G. Capital and its portfolio company, packaged ice producer and distributor Arctic Glacier, in the sale of Arctic Glacier to Carlyle Global Partners.
- Represented Bain Capital and its portfolio company SquareTrade, a consumer protection plan provider, in the sale of SquareTrade to The Allstate Corporation.
- Represented Kohlberg & Company in its acquisition of MarketCast, a provider of market research services and data analytics.
- Represented publicly-held Symmetry Surgical, Inc. in its sale to RoundTable Healthcare Partners.
- Represented publicly-held Surgery Partners, Inc., a healthcare services company, in its $400 million senior unsecured notes offering.
- Represented publicly-held Akebia Therapeutics, Inc. in its $75 million follow-on equity offering.
- Represented H.I.G. Capital and portfolio company Surgery Partners, Inc., a healthcare services company, in connection with Surgery Partners’ underwritten initial public offering.
- Represented H.I.G. Capital in its acquisition of Universal Fiber Systems, a producer of solution-dyed synthetic filament-based fibers.
- JD, Northeastern University School of Law, 2014
- BS (Business Economics; Finance), cum laude, Lehigh University, 2010
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2014
- New York, 2015