Joshua Cronin joined Ropes & Gray as an associate in the private investment funds group in London in 2012. Josh was seconded to our New York office between 2012- 2015.
Josh has a wide range of experience in the investment funds arena, advising from inception through final closing of European and international private equity buy-out funds, real estate funds, credit and special situations funds and infrastructure and renewable energy funds, providing advice on fundraising strategies, terms, structure and marketing considerations; drafting legal documentation, representing sponsors in investor negotiations and project managing closing processes.
Josh also represents sovereign wealth funds, institutional investors, foundations, funds of funds and family offices with the primary and secondary purchases of interests in private investment funds, and advises on varied interest and co-investment schemes.
Josh was previously an associate in the investment funds practice in the London offices of international law firms.
- Acting for Nordic Capital on the formations of Nordic Capital IX (€4.3 billion) and Nordic Capital VIII (€3.5 billion) and on numerous co-investments
- Acting for TPG Capital on the formation of a US$2 billion real estate fund
- Acting for Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe on the formation of a US$3.5 billion buy-out fund
- Acting for a pharmaceutical royalty and revenue fund on the structuring, formation of a US$500 million fund
- Acting for Goldman Sachs Asset Management on their private equity and venture capital investments
- Acting for a sovereign wealth fund family offices and a global foundation on their private equity, venture capital and infrastructure investments and co-investments