Kenan Ceylan joined Ropes & Gray in 2019 as an associate in the private equity transactions group in the London office. Prior to joining the firm, Kenan was an associate in the corporate team of another large international law firm.
Kenan’s experience includes acting for private equity sponsors, management teams and listed clients on private and public M&A transactions as well as advising on general corporate law and governance issues.
- Advised an Asia-focused private equity sponsor on its acquisition of a provider based in India of software services with focus on the communications industry
- Advised the Caribbean Biodiversity Fund in connection with various grant agreements with local trust funds and other environmental and conservation stakeholders in the wider Caribbean region
- Advised certain selling shareholders on the sale of Firstport, a leading U.K. residential property management company, to Equistone Partners Europe Limited, the European mid-market private equity investor
- Advised certain selling shareholders on the sale of Quotient Sciences, UK-headquartered provider of outsourced drug development services, to Permira, a global private equity firm
- Advised Averna Capital on its investment in ClimateCare, a leading profit with purpose environmental and social impact company headquartered in Oxford, UK
- Advised Sound United LLC, a portfolio company of Charlesbank Capital Partners, on its acquisition of Bowers & Wilkins, a leading designer and manufacturer of luxury home audio speakers, headphones, custom installation products, wireless speakers, and branded audio systems in the automotive and television markets
- Advised Integrated Media Company (IMC), a TPG platform dedicated to the new media ecosystem, on the acquisition of a majority stake in Goal from the DAZN Group
- Advised NeoGenomics Inc. in a strategic collaboration with Inivata for the commercialization of Cambridge, UK-headquartered Inivata’s InVisionFirst-Lung liquid biopsy test in the United States
- Advised Nordic Capital on equity investment matters relating to eResearchTechnology, Inc. (ERT), a leading global data and technology company which minimises risk and uncertainty in clinical trials
Experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray:
- Acted for a private equity sponsor on its public-to-private takeover of an AIM-listed services provider
- Acted for a private equity sponsor on its acquisition of an alternative legal services provider
- Acted for a private equity sponsor on its acquisition of a flexible workspace provider
- Acted for a private equity sponsor on its acquisition of a provider of post-trade market infrastructure technology
- Acted for a private equity sponsor on its fund restructuring and liquidity offering to investors
- Acted for an education investment firm on several acquisitions of premium schools in multiple jurisdictions and on strategic growth investments from private equity sponsors
- Acted for a Main Market listed client on its contested takeover
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- LPC, BPP Law School, 2016
- GDL, BPP Law School, 2015
- BSc (Hons) (Philosophy, Logic & Scientific Method), London School of Economics and Political Science, 2014