Kimberly E. Cohen
Kimberly Cohen is a partner in the private client group of Ropes & Gray and divides her time between the Boston and New York offices. Her practice is concentrated in the field of estate planning. She regularly counsels clients, including entrepreneurs, partners of private equity firms, venture capitalists, private and public company officers and shareholders, and high net-worth individuals in the development and implementation of sophisticated planning techniques to aid with accumulation, preservation and transfer of wealth.
Kim is a trustee for many family trusts, working closely with clients in providing strategic advice on the investment, tax and legal aspects of these arrangements and advising trust beneficiaries.
Kim's legal practice focuses on planning for partners of private equity firms and venture capitalists, and structuring private equity and venture capital funds to facilitate gift and estate tax planning. Her practice also involves advising clients in achieving philanthropic goals through the use of private foundations, charitable remainder and lead trusts, charitable gift annuities and endowment planning designed to accomplish efficient tax results.
- Quoted, “New Inflation Adjustment May Complicate Estate Planning,” Tax Analysts (February 7, 2018)
- Quoted, “Estate Planning Tips for Hedge Fund Managers,” The Hedge Fund Law Report (June 2, 2014)
- Co-Presenter, “Non-Tax Developments Coming (or in) Your Way,” Representing Estate and Trust Beneficiaries and Fiduciaries 2017, American Law Institute Continuing Legal Education (July 13, 2017)
- Panelist, American Law Institute Continuing Legal Education national webcasts, Advanced Estate Planning Practice Updates (February, June and October 2017)
- 51st Annual Heckerling Institute on Estate Planning, Non-Tax Developments in Estate Planning Panel, Orlando, Florida (January 2017)