Lucas W. Caron
Lucas focuses his practice on representing clients in connection with mergers and acquisitions, venture capital transactions, and strategic investments. In addition, Lucas regularly advises clients on securities law compliance and corporate governance matters.
During law school, Lucas served as the alumni relations manager for the University of Virginia's Journal of Social Policy and the Law. He also worked as a law clerk at the U.S. Department of Justice in the Civil Division’s Torts Branch. Prior to law school, Lucas worked as a consulting intern at Convotherm Elektrogeräte GmbH in Eglfing, Germany.
- Represented Novavax in its acquisition of Praha Vaccines a.s., a Czech manufacturing facility with production capabilities for Novavax’s COVID-19 vaccine candidate, from the Cyrus Poonawalla Group.
- Represented Walden Biosciences, a venture backed life sciences company focused on developing cutting edge treatments for chronic kidney disease, in its $51 million Series A financing.
- Represented The Habit Restaurants in its merger with Yum! Brands.
- Represented TSG Consumer Partners in its sale of Privé Revaux, a designer sunglasses and eyeglasses retailer.
- Represented Ironwood Pharmaceuticals in connection with its spin-off of Cyclerion Therapeutics and Cyclerion's $175 million private placement.
- Represented Sarepta Therapeutics in its option to purchase and strategic acquisition of Myonexus Therapeutics, a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing transformative gene therapies for distinct genetic neuromuscular diseases.
- Represented the Hero Group, an international food company focused on branded nutritional food products, in the sale of Signature Brands, its decoration business in the United States, to strategic investment group Traub Capital.
- Represented numerous clients in connection with early and late stage venture capital investments in the tech and biotech space.
- JD, University of Virginia School of Law, 2017; Alumni Relations Manager, Journal of Social Policy and the Law
- BA (International Relations), summa cum laude, Boston University, 2014
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2017