Lucas W. Caron
Lucas joined Ropes & Gray in 2017 as an associate in the corporate department. Lucas focuses his practice on representing public and private companies in connection with mergers and acquisitions and strategic investments. In addition, Lucas advises clients on securities law compliance and corporate governance matters.
During law school, Lucas served as the alumni relations manager for the University of Virginia's Journal of Social Policy and the Law. He also worked as a law clerk at the U.S. Department of Justice in the Civil Division’s Torts Branch. Prior to law school, Lucas worked as a consulting intern at Convotherm Elektrogeräte GmbH in Eglfing, Germany.
- Represented Novavax in its acquisition of Praha Vaccines a.s., a Czech manufacturing facility with production capabilities for Novavax’s COVID-19 vaccine candidate, from the Cyrus Poonawalla Group.
- Represented The Habit Restaurants in its merger with Yum! Brands.
- Represented TSG Consumer Partners in its sale of Privé Revaux, a designer sunglasses and eyeglasses retailer.
- Represented Ironwood Pharmaceuticals in connection with its spin-off of Cyclerion Therapeutics and Cyclerion's $175 million private placement.
- Represented Sarepta Therapeutics in its option to purchase and strategic acquisition of Myonexus Therapeutics, a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing transformative gene therapies for distinct genetic neuromuscular diseases.
- Represented the Hero Group, an international food company focused on branded nutritional food products, in the sale of Signature Brands, its decoration business in the United States, to strategic investment group Traub Capital.
- JD, University of Virginia School of Law, 2017; Alumni Relations Manager, Journal of Social Policy and the Law
- BA (International Relations), summa cum laude, Boston University, 2014