Lucas W. Caron
Lucas focuses his practice on representing clients in connection with mergers and acquisitions, venture capital transactions, and strategic investments. In addition, Lucas regularly advises clients on securities law compliance and corporate governance matters. Lucas’ clients include established and emerging growth life sciences and technology companies, venture capital firms, and private equity firms. Lucas has led recent transactions for Johnson & Johnson, Northpond Ventures, Novavax, and Walden Biosciences.
- Represented Novavax in its acquisition of Praha Vaccines a.s., a Czech manufacturing facility with production capabilities for Novavax’s COVID-19 vaccine candidate, from the Cyrus Poonawalla Group.
- Represented a multinational pharmaceutical company in connection with its acquisition of a clinical stage oncology company.
- Represented The Habit Restaurants, a fast causal burger chain, in its merger with Yum! Brands, one of the world’s largest restaurant company.
- Represented TSG Consumer Partners in its sale of Privé Revaux, a designer sunglasses and eyeglasses retailer.
- Represented Sarepta Therapeutics in its option to purchase and strategic acquisition of Myonexus Therapeutics, a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing transformative gene therapies for distinct genetic neuromuscular diseases.
- Represented the Hero Group, an international food company focused on branded nutritional food products, in the sale of Signature Brands, its decoration business in the United States, to strategic investment group Traub Capital.
- Represented Ironwood Pharmaceuticals in connection with its spin-off of Cyclerion Therapeutics and Cyclerion's $175 million private placement.
Venture Capital Transactions
- Represented Walden Biosciences, a venture backed life sciences company focused on developing cutting edge treatments for chronic kidney disease, in its $51 million Series A financing.
- Represented Northpond Ventures in numerous venture investments, including investments in StrideBio, Syapse, and Vigil.
- Represented numerous other strategic investors in connection with early and late stage venture investments in the tech and biotech space.
- JD, University of Virginia School of Law, 2017; Alumni Relations Manager, Journal of Social Policy and the Law
- BA (International Relations), summa cum laude, Boston University, 2014
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2017