Maria has represented clients in the biotechnology, medical device, software, and pharmaceutical industries in a variety of transactions including licensing and collaborations, mergers and acquisitions, start up and formation, private financings, corporate governance, and commercial agreements.
- Represented Sarepta Therapeutics in a $1.15 billion collaboration and license agreement, which granted Roche exclusive rights to commercialize Sarepta's investigational single treatment gene therapy for Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) outside the United States as well as options to bring forward certain other Sarepta products for the treatment of DMD.
- Represented Northpond Ventures in its Series A investment in Intabio, Inc.
- Represented ReproSource, Inc., a national leader in specialty fertility diagnostic services, in its sale to Quest Diagnostics Incorporated. Following the acquisition Quest planned to offer ReproSource's services nationally as part of its comprehensive women's health and reproductive offerings for obstetricians, gynecologists, fertility specialists and other physicians.
- Represented health data-focused start up, ProofSpring, Inc., in its formation and incorporation.
- JD, summa cum laude, Boston College Law School, 2017; Order of the Coif
- BA (Applied Mathematics), cum laude, Harvard University, 2014