Matt Colin joined Ropes & Gray in 2019 as an associate in the health care group.
Matt previously clerked for the Honorable James C. Dever III of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina in Raleigh, North Carolina. During law school, Matt served on the editorial board for the Duke Law Journal, co-directed the Duke Law Cancer Pro Bono Project, and participated in the Children’s Law Clinic. Matt also earned a master’s degree in Bioethics and Science Policy. In 2016, Matt interned in the general counsel’s office of a contract research organization.
Before law school, Matt taught high school science in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- JD, summa cum laude, Duke University School of Law, 2018; Order of the Coif; Regulatory Law Award; James S. Bidlake Award; Editorial Board, Duke Law Journal
- MA (Bioethics and Science Policy), Duke University, 2018
- MA (Teaching), Marian University, 2015
- BS (Chemistry), with highest distinction, Indiana University, 2013; Phi Beta Kappa; Herbert Presidential Scholar; R.J. Grim Award
- BA (Philosophy), with highest distinction, Indiana University, 2013
Admissions / Qualifications
- Illinois, 2019