Nick Cusack joined Ropes & Gray in 2014 as an associate in the London office’s Banking team. He was previously an associate in the London office of a Magic Circle law firm.
Nick has developed broad experience in domestic and international acquisition financing, corporate refinancing and restructuring transactions. He has acted for a number of investment banks, commercial banks, private equity sponsors and publicly listed companies operating in a wide range of different sectors.
- Advising Duke Street Capital, a UK-based mid-market private equity firm, on its acquisition of Great Rail Journeys.
- Acting for Silverfleet Capital in connection with its acquisition of the Riviera Travel group.
- Advising Macquarie Capital in connection with certain facilities made available for the purposes of Liberty Hall Capital Partners’ USD 135 million acquisition of Dunlop Aircraft Tyres Ltd.
- Advising Liberty Global plc in connection with the £3.5 billion acquisition and refinancing of Cable & Wireless Communications.
- Advising a U.S. based investment group in connection with their acquisition of a Portuguese property portfolio.
- Acting for Virgin Media plc and its subsidiaries in connection with a series of high yield bond issuances and bank financings.
- Advising Hellman & Friedman in connection with its €1.8bn acquisition of Allfunds Bank (Allfunds), a global financial technology business.
- Acting for Telenet BVBA and its subsidiaries in connection with a series of high yield bond issuances and bank financings.
- Acting for a South African consortium in connection with the £74 million purchase of 2 Park Street, Mayfair from Kildare Partners.
- Acting for Ensono, a portfolio company of Charlesbank Capital Partners, on the acquisition of Attenda.
- Acting for Liberty Global plc in connection with UPC Broadband Holding B.V.’s offer to exchange €1.475 billion of its loans for loans to a special purpose vehicle which are on lent to a combined Dutch telecoms credit pool consisting of the UPC Nederland and Ziggo businesses.
- Acting for Angelo, Gordon & Co, Avenue Capital and Alchemy Partners in connection with their joint acquisition of Avant Homes from Lloyds Banking Group.
Notable transactions in which Nick has been involved prior to joining the firm include:
- Acting for a UK based transport and infrastructure services provider, on amending a £121.5 million term and revolving facility.
- Acting for Marston’s plc in connection with the negotiation of certain amended facilities and a general refinancing.
- Acting for a major European ports and terminals operator on coordinating a €450 million refinancing.
- Advising a private equity sponsor on the refinancing of several of its portfolio companies’ financing arrangements.
- Acting for a major investment bank in its role as security agent in connection with the restructuring of a multinational company operating in the automobile industry.
- Advising on the restructuring of a major steel trading company by way of a scheme of arrangement.
- Acting for a services company operating in the energy sector on negotiating and implementing a $375 million bridge to bond facility and a $500 million corporate facility.
- Acting for a UK based construction company on coordinating the negotiation of a new £275 million financing package.
- Acting for a major transport and infrastructure services provider on implementing cash pooling arrangements.
- Advising a major US investment bank on the refinancing of a portfolio of commercial property assets across the UK.
- Acting for Fuller Smith & Turner plc in respect of certain bilateral and syndicated facilities.
- “Is the Digital Economy Act 2010 the most effective and proportionate way to reduce online piracy?” European Intellectual Property Review, Vol. 33, Issue 9, 2011