Nicole Cabrera is an associate in the corporate department and a member of the firm’s investment management group. She advises registered investment companies and their independent trustees, as well as registered investment advisers, on regulatory, compliance and transactional matters.
Nicole counsels fund clients on a variety of matters, including day-to-day regulatory advice on open- and closed-end fund and interval fund issues, regulatory filings, fund disclosure, board governance, and advisory, sub-advisory and other service provider arrangements. She advises clients with respect to compliance programs and related matters and works with clients to respond to new SEC rules affecting the investment management industry.
- Co-author, “Managing Confidential Information in M&A and Commercial Transactions,” Bloomberg BNA’s World IP Report (March 1, 2017)
- Co-author, “Guide to Crafting a Rights Reversion Letter,” Authors Alliance (2016)
- Co-author, Understanding Rights Reversion: When, Why, & How to Regain Copyright and Make Your Book More Available (2015)
- Quoted, “New Guide Helps Authors Get Book Rights Back from Publishers,” Berkeley Law (April 3, 2015)
- Presenter, “Preserving Your Intellectual & Creative Legacy,” University of Michigan Library, The Institute for the Humanities, and Authors Alliance (October 5, 2015)
- Presenter, “Understanding Rights Reversion,” ASERL (September 30, 2015)
- JD, University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, 2016; Boalt Hall Fellow; associate editor, California Law Review
- BA (History & Anthropology), cum laude, Amherst College, 2010