Peter P. Chan
Peter Chan is an associate in the special situations practice of Ropes & Gray. Before joining the firm, Peter trained at a large, international law firm in its Hong Kong and London offices.
Peter assists the special situations team on a broad range of transactions, including contentious and non-contentious restructuring transactions.
- Advising senior noteholders and receivers with the enforcement of senior secured notes issued by a subsidiary of a Hong Kong listed company and the receivership of a commercial building in Hong Kong.
- Advising an Asian sovereign wealth fund in relation to a convertible loan facilities provided to a North-east Asia iron ore mining group in respect of debt restructuring, security enforcement, winding-up and bankruptcy processes.
- Advising an alternative credit fund in relation to a facility provided to a business group in the senior care and assisted living facilities industry with operations in the USA and the PRC in respect of security enforcement and related Hong Kong bankruptcy proceedings.
- Advised an America-based medical technology company in debt recovery proceedings in Hong Kong.
- Advised a global alternative investment management firm in the debt restructuring of an India steel and power group.
- Advised the Joint Official Liquidators of a PRC-based solar panel manufacturer.
- Advising a North-Asia based private equity firm in the refinancing of a Beijing property development project.
- PCLL, University of Hong Kong, 2015
- LLM (Corporate and Financial Law), University of Hong Kong, 2014
- BA, Christ Church, Oxford University, 2013
Admissions / Qualifications
- Hong Kong, Solicitor, 2018