Phillip J. Cosmos
Phil is an associate in the firm’s private equity group. Phil focuses his practice on representing private equity sponsors and strategic acquirers in a wide range of transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, minority investments and divestitures. Phil also advises private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies on general corporate matters.
During law school, Phil served as judicial intern for the Honorable Timothy S. Hillman in the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts. He also led a practicum for the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development where he analyzed and codified international investment treaties. Before law school, Phil was a research assistant for a former professor and helped publish an original article on electoral politics in the U.S. He also worked at the headquarters of a political organization while living in Sydney, New South Wales.
- Represented TPG Capital in its sale of Eze Software, a leading provider of investment technology, to SS&C Technologies Holdings, Inc. for $1.45 billion.
- Represented DuPage Medical Group, one of the nation’s largest independent, multispecialty physician groups, and DMG Management Services in a $1.45 billion strategic
partnership with Ares Management.
- Represented Bain Double Impact in its acquisition of Penn Foster.
- Represented Toast, Inc. in its acquisition of StratEx, a leading provider of HR and payroll software for restaurants.
- Represented Audax Group in its sale of Correct Care Solutions, a provider of health care services to patients in local, state and federal corrections environments.
- Represented Summit Partners and its portfolio company, Paradigm Outcomes, in Paradigm's add-on acquisition of ForeSight Medical, a leading provider of surgical management solutions in the workers' compensation marketplace.
- Represented Berkshire Partners in its acquisition of Curriculum Associates, a leading provider of K-12 education assessment and instructional materials.
- Represented Prospect Hill Growth Partners in connection with its acquisition of Walker Edison, a leading supplier of affordable home furnishings to global e-commerce platforms.
- Represented Schroders in connection with a strategic investment in a Bermuda long-term reinsurance company.
- Completed a seven-month secondment in the Boston office of one of the most active global private equity sponsors.
- JD, Boston College Law School, 2016
- BA (History), Framingham State University, 2011
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2017