Pinar Celebi joined Ropes & Gray in 2010 and is an associate in the finance group in London. Prior to joining the firm, Pinar worked in the restructuring and insolvency group at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer.
Pinar assists with domestic and cross-border finance transactions, including leveraged and acquisition financing, syndicated financing and restructuring. She has experience acting for private equity sponsors, corporate borrowers and financial institutions, including investment banks, mezzanine funds and other alternative capital providers.
- Acting for Kohlberg & Co. in connection with obtaining financing for the acquisition of a leading winter sports business of Newell Brands Inc., including K2 and Marker Dalbello Völkl
- Acting for Intermediate Capital Group on a financing, by way of PIK loan, in connection with the acquisition of certain stakes in Visma as part of a US$5.3 billion consortium buyout, Europe’s largest ever software buyout
- Acting for Bain Capital on its purchase of a controlling stake in MKM, the UK’s largest independent builders’ merchant, from 3i and Lloyds Development Capital
- Acting for Telenet BVBA and its subsidiaries in connection with a series of high yield bond issuances and bank financings
- Acting for KKR Credit Advisors in connection with a direct lending transaction for the Dentix group, a leading company in the dental industry in Spain
- Acting for Altice Financing S.A. in connection with a guarantee facility for the purposes of guaranteeing obligations of the group pursuant to a media rights agreement relating to certain media rights to UEFA Champions League and UEFA Super Cup
- Acting for Goldman Sachs, Deutsche Bank and Nordeain connection with the €1.45 billion financing of Nordic Capital’s acquisition of a majority stake in Norway-based Lindorff, one of Europe’s leading providers of debt related administrative services
- Acting for Altice and Numericable Group in their jumbo US$21.9 billion cross-border bank and bond financing for the acquisition of French telecoms operator SFR
- Acting for Goldman Sachs European Special Situations Group and TPG Special Situations Partners in connection with their joint acquisition of the Lundy Portfolio from Lloyds Banking Group
- Acting for the mezzanine lenders, including Highbridge, MV Credit, Partners Group, JPMorgan and a multinational private equity firm, in the €1.82 billion acquisition of BSN Medical, a leading German medical supplies manufacturer, by Swedish private equity house EQT
- Acting for Liberty Global Inc. on the Unitymedia offering to exchange KbW bonds for new Unitymedia bonds in connection with the combination of the KbW Group into the Unitymedia Group together with a potential new Unitymedia bond offering for cash to fund certain redemptions
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 52100).
- LPC, College of Law, London, 2007
- LLB, University of Southampton, 2006
Admissions / Qualifications
- England and Wales, Solicitor, 2013