Richard F. Conklin
Rich Conklin represents private equity sponsors, institutional investors, asset managers and other investors in connection with mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, equity investments, co-investments, joint ventures, alternative transactions and general corporate matters.
- Represents multiple asset managers, including one of the world’s largest, in domestic and international equity co-investments.
- Advises an institutional investor with respect to management, acquisitions and dispositions of assets in its global natural resource portfolio.
- Advised a private fund with over $25 billion of assets under management with respect to its trading of bankruptcy claims.
- Represented Change Healthcare in the divestiture of its Connected Analytics business to KaufmanHall.
- Represented Audax Group in multiple acquisitions and divestitures.
- Represented Bain and Blackstone and the Weather Company in the sale of the Weather Company’s P&T business to IBM, and the subsequent sale of the remainder of the Weather Company business to Entertainment Studios.
- Represented Fenway Partners and BRG Sports in divestitures of multiple business units, including the sale of Easton Baseball/Softball to Bauer Performance Sports.
- Represented Par Pharmaceutical in its acquisition of JHP Pharmaceuticals, a leading manufacturer of sterile injectable products.
- Represented TPG Capital in its carve-out acquisition of Eze Castle Software and RealTick from ConvergEx Group.
- Represented Sterling Partners in its acquisition of Q-Centrix, a provider of outsourced health care data-collection services.
- Represented Phillips-Medisize Corporation in its acquisition of two manufacturing operations from Adval Tech Group, as well as Kohlberg Partners in its subsequent sale of Phillips-Medisize Corporation to Golden Gate Capital.
- Co-author, “Delaware court rejects attempt to stop accrual of statutory interest in appraisal action,” International Law Office (May 28, 2014)
- Richard F. Conklin, “Why ‘Or’ Really Means ‘Or’: In Defense of the Plain Meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act's Safe Harbor Provision,” 51 Boston College Law Review 1209 (2010)
- JD, magna cum laude, Boston College Law School, 2011; Order of the Coif; Boston College Law Review, Executive Articles Editor
- BA (International Studies), magna cum laude, Boston College, 2007; Scholar of the College; Phi Beta Kappa