Sarah’s practice focuses on representing investment advisers and registered investment companies in regulatory, transactional, and compliance matters. She advises asset management clients regarding the establishment, registration, operation, and reorganization of registered open-end and closed-end fund products, including the development and offering of new funds, the formation of trading subsidiaries, and advice regarding investment activities, sub-advisory and other service provider relationships, exemptive relief, compliance programs, and board matters.
Sarah has significant experience in structuring and counseling registered investment companies employing alternative investment strategies, including liquid alternative multi-strategy funds, registered funds of hedge funds, and registered funds of private equity funds. She assists private fund advisers entering the registered fund space and provides advice to registered investment advisers with respect to regulatory and compliance issues.
- Represents Blackstone Alternative Asset Management L.P. in connection with the organization and ongoing operation of its registered investment companies.
- Represents Grantham, Mayo, Van Otterloo & Co., LLC and the GMO mutual fund complex in connection with adviser matters, the organization and offering of new funds, and regulatory filings.
- Represents registered investment advisers in connection with regulatory and compliance matters relevant to their services to registered funds, commingled funds, and separate account clients.
- Represented asset managers in developing Advisers Act compliance programs and in the negotiation of technology licensing agreements and consulting agreements relating to proprietary quantitative trading systems.
- Co-author, “New FinCEN AML and Customer Due Diligence Regulations Await Mutual Funds,” The Investment Lawyer (August 2017)