Timothy A. Castelli
Tim focuses his practice primarily on transactional matters, representing private equity firms and public and private companies in mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts and other investments. Tim regularly advises private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies on add-on acquisitions, dispositions, general corporate governance matters and management compensation and equity arrangements. He has represented companies and investors in transactions in a wide variety of industries, including health care, life sciences, information technology, business services, manufacturing, distribution and financial services.
- Represented Cressey & Company in a variety of transactions, including (i) the acquisitions of People, Pets and Vets, StatLab Medical Products, Dentistry for Children, PurFoods, and Unitek Information Systems, (ii) the acquisition of VetCor Professional Practices and subsequent recapitalizations with Harvest Partners and Oak Hill Capital Partners, (iii) the acquisition of Strategic Healthcare Programs and subsequent sale to Roper Industries, (iv) the sale of Encompass Home Health to HealthSouth, and (v) the sales of Haven Behavioral Health and InnerChange to other financial sponsors.
- Represented BV Investment Partners in its (i) acquisition of EDCO Health Information Solutions, a provider of automated data indexing solutions for healthcare providers, (ii) acquisition of Intelliteach, a global provider of tech-enabled, business process outsourcing solutions for law and accounting firms, from Dominus Capital, L.P, and (iii) minority investment in CivicPlus, an integrated technology platform for local government.
- Represented Audax Group in a variety of transactions, including recent divestitures of a premier correctional health care company and a leading providing of mammography and imaging services.
- Represented GHO Capital in its acquisition of Validant, a leading quality, compliance and regulatory affairs consulting firm for health care companies.
- Represented Baring Private Equity Asia in its investment in the acquisition of Thomson Reuters’ Intellectual Property & Science Business and its pending merger with Churchill Capital Corp, a public investment vehicle.
- Represented ConvaTec in connection with the creation and expansion of its home distribution business through its acquisitions of (i) Woodbury Holdings from MTS Health Investors, (ii) J&R Medical, and (iii) Southlake Medical Supplies.
- Represented Gauge Capital in its investment in Wireless Vision, the largest T-Mobile exclusive retailer in the United States, and subsequent add-on acquisitions.
- Represented Mitsubishi Bank in its acquisition of Guggenheim Investments’ mutual fund administration business.
- Represented HealthSouth Corporation in its acquisition of CareSouth Health System Inc., a private provider of home health services.
- Represented TPG Capital and Fenwal Inc. in the sale of Fenwal to Fresenius Kabi.
- Represented KRG Capital Partners and Bain Capital Ventures in connection with the sale of Liberty Dialysis to Fresenius.
- Represented The Blackstone Group in its acquisition of Emdeon Inc., a payment cycle management solutions company.
- Represented TPG Capital in the proposed issuance and sale of senior notes to help finance the acquisition of J.Crew Group, Inc., a leading American clothing retailer.
- Profiled, “40 under 40: Timothy A. Castelli,” The Chicago Daily Law Bulletin and The Chicago Lawyer (September 2018)
- “Not Guilty by Association: Why the Taint of their Blank Check Predecessors Should Not Stunt the Growth of Modern Special Purpose Acquisition Companies,” 50 Boston College Law Review 237 (2009)
- JD, magna cum laude, Boston College Law School, 2009; Order of the Coif; Note Editor, Boston College Law Review
- BA (Journalism and Political Science), magna cum laude , with honors, Marquette University, 2006