Timothy A. Castelli
Tim focuses his practice primarily on transactional matters, representing private equity firms, family offices and public and private companies in leveraged buyouts, strategic M&A and other investments. Tim regularly advises private equity sponsors, family offices and their portfolio companies on add-on acquisitions, dispositions, general corporate governance matters and management compensation and equity arrangements. He has represented companies and investors in transactions in a wide variety of industries, including health care, life sciences, information technology, business services, manufacturing, distribution and financial services.
- Represented Cressey & Company in a variety of transactions, including (i) the acquisitions of People, Pets and Vets, StatLab Medical Products, Dentistry for Children, PurFoods, and Unitek Information Systems, (ii) the acquisition of VetCor Professional Practices and subsequent recapitalizations with Harvest Partners and Oak Hill Capital Partners, (iii) the acquisition of Strategic Healthcare Programs and subsequent sale to Roper Industries, (iv) the sale of Encompass Home Health to HealthSouth, and (v) the sales of Haven Behavioral Health and InnerChange to other financial sponsors.
- Represented BV Investment Partners in its (i) acquisition of EDCO Health Information Solutions, a provider of automated data indexing solutions for healthcare providers, (ii) acquisition of Intelliteach, a global provider of tech-enabled, business process outsourcing solutions for law and accounting firms, from Dominus Capital, L.P, (iii) minority investment in CivicPlus, an integrated technology platform for local government and (iv) sale of Reimagine Holdings, a provider of data creation and business intelligence.
- Represented Audax Group in a variety of transactions, including the recent acquisition of a provider of AI-driven customer engagement, digital self-service and consumer data management software and recent divestitures of a premier correctional health care company and a leading providing of mammography and imaging services.
- Represented GHO Capital in its (i) sale of Caprion Biosciences, a specialized laboratory services business serving pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies in pre-clinical and clinical stage drug research and development, (ii) acquisition of Validant, a leading quality, compliance and regulatory affairs consulting firm for health care companies, (iii) minority investment in BioAgilytix, a bioanalytical testing laboratory that provides immunogenicity, biomarkers and cell-based assay services and (iv) investment in DNA Diagnostics Center, one of the largest DNA testing companies in the world.
- Represented Jacobs Holdings AG in its acquisition of North American Dental Group, a network of more than 200 dental practices in 11 states and 23 regional markets.
- Represented McNally Capital in connection with its investments in (i) Dedicated Computing, an original design manufacturer of proprietary, highly-engineered computing systems, (ii) FedData, a provider of infrastructure and services to the Department of Defense and National Intelligence Community and threat reduction and counterintelligence services to major corporations, and (iii) Altamira Technologies, a provider of mission-focused analytics and engineering solutions to the U.S. national security community.
- Represented LightBay Capital in its investment in Alliance Animal Health, a multi-site owner, operator and business partner to veterinarians throughout the United States.
- Represented Baring Private Equity Asia in its investment in the acquisition of Thomson Reuters’ Intellectual Property & Science Business and its pending merger with Churchill Capital Corp, a public investment vehicle.
- Represented ConvaTec in connection with the creation and expansion of its home distribution business through its acquisitions of (i) Woodbury Holdings from MTS Health Investors, (ii) J&R Medical, and (iii) Southlake Medical Supplies.
- Represented Gauge Capital in its investment in Wireless Vision, the largest T-Mobile exclusive retailer in the United States, and subsequent add-on acquisitions.
- Represented Mitsubishi Bank in its acquisition of Guggenheim Investments’ mutual fund administration business.
- Represented Erie Street Capital in connection with its initial fundraise and subsequent recapitalization.
- Represented HealthSouth Corporation in its acquisition of CareSouth Health System Inc., a private provider of home health services.
- Represented TPG Capital and Fenwal Inc. in the sale of Fenwal to Fresenius Kabi.
- Represented KRG Capital Partners and Bain Capital Ventures in connection with the sale of Liberty Dialysis to Fresenius.
- Represented The Blackstone Group in its acquisition of Emdeon Inc., a payment cycle management solutions company.
- Represented TPG Capital in the proposed issuance and sale of senior notes to help finance the acquisition of J.Crew Group, Inc., a leading American clothing retailer.
- Profiled, “40 under 40: Timothy A. Castelli,” The Chicago Daily Law Bulletin and The Chicago Lawyer (September 2018)
- “Not Guilty by Association: Why the Taint of their Blank Check Predecessors Should Not Stunt the Growth of Modern Special Purpose Acquisition Companies,” 50 Boston College Law Review 237 (2009)
- JD, magna cum laude, Boston College Law School, 2009; Order of the Coif; Note Editor, Boston College Law Review
- BA (Journalism and Political Science), magna cum laude , with honors, Marquette University, 2006