Timothy F. Cormier
Tim Cormier practices in the corporate department and is a member of the firm’s investment management group. Tim’s practice focuses on representing registered investment companies and their independent trustees, as well as investment advisers, in regulatory, transactional, and compliance matters. He has experience with the establishment, registration, and operation of fund products, the reorganization of mutual funds and developing, revising and maintenance of investment advisers’ and investment companies’ compliance programs.
Prior to attending law school, Tim worked as an economic consultant for CRA International.
- Launch of new open- and closed-end registered investment companies.
- Launching alternative investment strategies in registered funds, such as managed volatility strategies, and total return and risk allocation strategies.
- Drafting and advising on SEC filings for registered funds and investment advisers, including registration statements, proxy statement/prospectuses, proxy statements and Form ADV/brochures.
- Fund mergers, including the merger of closed-end funds into open-end funds.
- Advising with respect to compliance programs and related matters under Rules 38a-1 and 206(4)-7.