S. Alexandra de Padua
S. Alexandra de Padua joined Ropes & Gray in 2015 as an associate practicing in the firm’s finance group. Alexandra focuses her practice on complex debt financing, representing private equity sponsors, portfolio companies, mezzanine lenders and corporate borrowers in a range of financing transactions, including credit facilities, bankruptcy debt financing, leveraged financing and acquisition financing. Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Alexandra worked as an associate in the bank finance group of a large international law firm, where she practiced lender-side representation, focusing mainly on large cap, syndicated and corporate financings.
As a student at the University of Chicago Law School, Alexandra was awarded the law school’s International Human Rights Fellowship, a program which allowed her to spend some time working in New Delhi as a legal intern for the Additional Solicitor General of India.
- Advised Aerogroup International, Inc., as debtor and debtor-in-possession, in connection with the negotiation of a $25 million senior secured debtor-in-possession credit facility in connection with its Chapter 11 case.
- Advised Cressey & Co. in connection with obtaining financing for a majority ownership position in StatLab Medical Products, a leading developer and manufacturer of diagnostic supplies for the anatomic pathology laboratory industry.
- Advised Gawker Media, as debtor and debtor-in-possession, in connection with the negotiation of a $22 million senior secured debtor-in-possession credit facility in connection with its Chapter 11 case.
- Advised KKR Credit Advisors in a mezzanine financing comprising $525 million floating rate unsecured notes in connection with the reorganization of PQ Corporation.
- Advised KKR Credit Advisors in a $240 million unitranche financing for the acquisition of a new portfolio company by Kelso & Company.
- Advised a lender in a $50 million senior secured term loan to a health care technology company that provides health and wellness engagement platforms to consumers.
- Advised a lender in connection with $42.5 million in syndicated term loans to UFC Gyms, operators of health clubs, spas and other physical fitness facilities.
- Advised Mediware Information Systems, Inc., a portfolio company of TPG Capital, in connection with obtaining financing for the acquisition of Kinnser Software, Inc., a leading provider of software solutions for home.
- Advised Samsonite in structuring and obtaining $1.25 billion of term loan A financing, $675 million of term loan B financing and $500 million in revolving commitments in connection with its acquisition of Tumi.
- Advised TPG Growth in connection with obtaining debt financing for its acquisition of Taco Bueno, a fast-food restaurant chain specializing in Tex-Mex-style cuisine.